Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Amber, painting progress and final...

So this is the first painting I have done in a LONG time, Amber, my wee pudding of a niece.  I started it when I first came home from Dublin.  I did it over several weeks, on and off, but condensing that time down, I’d say it took 2 weeks.

You can see the changes it went through.  It was an extremely frustrating piece to do.  Probably partly because I haven’t painted in such a long time and it became over worked.  I had more or less re-painted the same thing about 5 times.  I went through a horrible period of being on the verge of completion, then scrubbing out the eyes and starting the whole thing more or less from the beginning.  Painting over what I had done.  So unbelievably frustrating.  I got to a point where I really did have to just stop.  I can’t say I’m absolutely pleased about the finish, actually, unfortunately here, the images don’t represent best what it actually looks like.  Pretty much because of the light changing as I took the photos throughout the painting period, but I’m moving on to start a 2nd piece, for this coming BP Award at the Mall Galleried, (lessons learned!)  I’ll keep posting progress…

The final!...


No comments: